Computational Biomedical Imaging Scientist,
Monash Biomedical Imaging, Monash University
Monash e-Research Centre, Monash University
BCSE (2001), Monash University
PhD Candidate (2012), University of Melbourne
Tel: +61 3 9902 9804
Fax: +61 3 9902 9817
Affiliations and Memberships
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Life Sciences Computation Centre (LSCC), Victorian Life Sciences Computational Initiative, Melbourne
- Computational signal processing and image analysis
- Biomedical imaging
- MRI Phase Imaging
- MR Susceptibility Weighted Imaging
- High Performance Computing
Amanda Ng is completing a PhD at the University of Melbourne whilst working in the Monash Biomedical Imaging group. Her thesis investigates MRI phase and susceptibility imaging and focuses on the development of algorithms for processing and analysing phase data.
Methods developed include
- spatially dependent filtering, for removal of susceptibility-induced inhomogeneities,
- sigmoid-SWI, for correction of high-field susceptibility-induced artefacts in SWI data,
- optimised contrast imaging, for enhanced contrast images based on magnitude and phase data, and
- spatial domain susceptibility mapping, for deriving voxel-wise susceptibility values from MRI phase data.
The development of these methods includes computational software implementations on desktops and on high performance computers, such as VLSCI's IBM BlueGene/P supercomputer
At Monash Biomedical Imaging, Amanda will be combining her interest and experience in biomedical imaging and high performance computing to develop computational software solutions for processing and analysing biomedical imaging data.
- A. C. L. Ng, L. Johnston, Z. Chen, Z. Cho, J. Zhang, and G. Egan, "Spatially dependent filtering for removing phase distortions at the cortical surface," Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 784-793, Sep. 2011.
- A. C. L. Ng, G. F. Egan, Z.-H. Cho, L. A. Johnston, "Venous vessel boundary delineation at high field using sigmoid-SWI", in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Boston MA, USA, 2011.
- A. C. L. Ng, Z. Chen, J. Zhang, G. F. Egan, and L. A. Johnston, "Computationally efficient removal of inhomogeneities at the cortical surface in MR phase images", in Proceedings of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 18th Scientific Meeting and Exhibition, Stockholm, Sweden, 2010.
- A. C. L. Ng, N. Faggian, Z. Chen, J. Zhang, G. F. Egan, and L. A. Johnston, "The optimised contrast image method for tissue contrast enhancement", in Proceedings of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 17th Scientific Meeting and Exhibition, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2009.