Associate Professor Nicholas Ferris
Clinical Head, MRI
Monash Biomedical Imaging
MBBS (Hons), M Med, FRANZCR
Tel: +61 3 9905 0103
Fax: +61 3 9902 9817
Affiliations and Memberships
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
Radiological Society of North America
Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine
Australian and New Zealand Society for Neuroradiology
Australian Neuroscience Society
- Evaluation of newer magnetic resonance imaging techniques
- Radiology informatics
Dr Ferris is a clinical radiologist with particular interests in neuroradiology and oncoradiology. After training at the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, he undertook a neuroradiology fellowship at Duke University Medical Center, returning to participate in the establishment of MRI services at the Alfred, and subsequently at the Geelong and Western Hospitals. He then spent several years at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. He has had a long-standing interest in the clinical evaluation of new MRI techniques.
- Lodhia J, Mandarano G, Ferris NJ, Eu P, Cowell SW (2010) Development and use of iron oxide nanoparticles (Part 1) : Synthesis of iron oxide
nanoparticles for MRI. Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal. 6: e12.
- Foster S, Ferris NJ (2009) Improving the specificity of pelvic MRI with diffusion-weighted imaging (abstract). Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 53: Suppl 1, A 217
- Styles C, Bergen N, Ferris N, Roxby P, Owen R, Williams K, Kron T, Chander S, Foroudi F (2009) Radiotherapy planning using implanted fiducial markers and 3T MRI (abstract). Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 53: suppl 1, A 268
- Ferris NJ, Kavnoudias H, Thiel C, Stuckey SL (2007) The 2005 Australian MRI safety survey. American Journal of Roentgenology. 188:1388-94.
- Heinz R, Ferris N, Lee EK, Radtke R, Crain C, Hoffman JM, Hanson M, Paine S, Friedman A (1994) American Journal of Neuroradiology. 15:1341-8
- Tien RD, Felsberg GJ, Ferris NJ, Osumi A (1993) The dementias: correlation of clinical features, pathophysiology, and neuroradiology. American Journal of Roentgenology. 161:245-55
- Ferris NJ, Siu KH (1990) Neurofibromatosis II : Report of an affected kindred, with a discussion of imaging strategy. Australasian Radiology 34:229-33.
- Ferris NJ, Cragg BG (1984) Organic lead and histological parameters of brain development. Acta Neuropathologica (Berlin) 63:306-12.