Dr Qi-Zhu Wu
MR Physicist / Scientist,
Monash Biomedical Imaging and
Research Scientist, CMSE, CSIRO
BSc, The Qufu Normal University, China
PhD, WIPM, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: +61 3 9902 9795
Fax: +61 3 9902 9817
- Animal MRI
- Neuroimaging of psychiatric and neurologic disorders
Qizhu Wu majored in physics during his undergraduate study and obtained his PhD in Radiophysics and Magnetic Resonance in 2008 from the Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences. From 2002, he first spent one year in the University of Science and Technology of China, to do course study for the master program, and then trained in MR theory and techniques in the Wuhan institute. From 2005 to 2007, he has been involved in animal MRI studies at the Howard Florey Institute, Melbourne, with the focus on development and application of diffusion MRI techniques to assess white matter pathologies in murine models. From June 2008, he started to work in the West China Hospital of Sichuan University, firstly as a postdoctoral research fellow, going on to become a research associate. Since then he has involved in a variety of neuroimaging studies of human psychiatric and neurologic disorders, which were supported by major funding bodies in China.
- Du M*, Wu QZ*, Yue Q, Li J, Liao Y, Kuang W, Huang X, Chan RCK, Mechelli A, Gong QY. Voxelwise meta-analysis of gray matter reduction in major depressive disorder. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 2012; 36(1): 11-16. (*co-first authors)
- Wu QZ, Li DM, Kuang WH, Zhang TJ, Lui S, Huang XQ, Chan RC, Kemp GJ, Gong QY. Abnormal regional spontaneous neural activity in treatment- refractory depression revealed by resting-state fMRI. Human Brain Mapping 2011; 32: 1290-1299.
- Yang H*, Wu QZ*, Guo LT, Li QQ, Long X, Huang X, Chan RCK, Gong Q. Abnormal spontaneous brain activity in medication-naïve ADHD children: a resting state fMRI study. Neuroscience Letters 2011; 502(2): 89-93. (*co-first authors)
- Lui S, Wu QZ, Qiu LH, Yang X, Kuang WH, Chan RCK, Huang XQ, Kemp GJ, Mechelli A, Gong QY. Resting-state functional connectivity in treatment-resistant depression. American Journal of Psychiatry 2011; 168(6): 642-648.
- Gong Q, Wu QZ, Scarpazza C, Lui S, Jia Z, Marquand A, Huang X, McGuire P, Mechelli A. Prognostic prediction of therapeutic response in depression using high-field MR imaging. Neuroimage 2011; 55(4): 1497-1503.
- Zhang J, Wang J, Wu QZ, Kuang W, Huang X, He Y, Gong Q. Disrupted brain connectivity networks in drug-naive, first-episode major depressive disorder. Biological Psychiatry 2011; 70(4): 334-342.
- Liu Y, He ZJ, Xu B, Wu QZ, Liu G, Lui S, Zhong Q, Deng D, Ai H, Yue Q, Wei Y, Jun S, Zhou G, Gong QY. Evaluation of cell tracking effects for transplanted mesenchymal stem cells with jetPEI/Gd-DTPA complexes in animal models of hemorrhagic spinal cord injury. Brain Research 2011;1391: 24-35.
- Cate HS, Wu QZ, Kemper D, Merlo D, Wang HX, Fang K, Egan GF, Kilpatrick TJ. Influence of methylprednisolone on magnetic resonance and histological measures during cuprizone-induced demyelination. Neuroscience Letters 2010; 483(1): 47-52.
- Jia Z, Huang XQ, Wu QZ, Zhang TJ, Lui S, Zhang JR, Amatya N, Kuang WH, Chan RC, Kemp GJ, Mechelli A, Gong QY. High-field magnetic resonance imaging of suicidality in patients with major depressive disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry 2010; 167(11): 1381-1390.
- Zhang TJ*, Wu QZ*, Huang XQ, Sun XL, Zou K, Lui S, Liu F, Hu JM, Kuang WH, Li DM, Li F, Chen HF, Chan RC, Mechelli A, Gong QY. Magnetization transfer imaging reveals the brain deficit in patients with treatment-refractory depression. Journal of Affective Disorders 2009; 117(3): 157-161. (*co-first authors)
- Wu QZ, Yang Q, Cate H, Kemper D, Binder M, Wang H, Fang K, Quick M, Marriott M, Kilpatrick T, Egan G. MRI Identification of the Rostral-caudal Pattern of Pathology within the corpus callosum in the cuprizone mouse model. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2008; 27(3): 446-453.
- Wu QZ, Butzkueven H, Gresle M, Kirchhoff F, Friedhuber A, Yang Q, Wang H, Fang K, Lei H, Egan G and Kilpatrick T. MR diffusion changes correlate with ultra-structurally defined axonal degeneration in murine optic nerve. Neuroimage 2007; 37(4): 1138-1147.