Dr Ruth Vreys
Victorian Biomedical Imaging Capability (VBIC) Business Manager
BSc (Biomed), MSc (Biomed), PhD
Tel: +61 3 9902 9781
Fax: +61 3 9902 9817
Affiliations and memberships
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Research Management
- Collaborative network and consortium development and management
- Multimodal Biomedical Imaging
Dr Vreys obtained her doctoral degree in Biomedical Sciences at the Biomedical Imaging Lab of the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Antwerp in 2010. The topic of her research was in situ labeling of endogenous neural stem cells with MR contrast agents to visualize stem cell migration with in vivo MRI in the rodent brain. In early 2011 she was promoted to Research Coordinator of the newly founded Molecular Imaging Center Antwerp (MICA). She acted as fund manager and logistics SPOC during the startup period of the small animal PET partim of MICA. She then turned to project management as VBIC Business Manager at tMonash University, Australia.
- 1.Vreys R, Vande Velde G, Krylychkina O, Vellema M, Verhoye M, Timmermans J-P, Baekelandt V, Van der Linden A. MRI visualization of endogenous neural progenitor cell migration in the adult mouse brain: Validation of various MPIO labeling strategies. NeuroImage 2010, 49: 2094-2103.
- Van Camp N, Vreys R, Van Laere K, Lauwers E, Verhoye M, Beque D, Casteels C, Verbruggen A, Debyser Z, Mortelmans L, Sijbers J, Nuyts J, Baekelandt V, Van der Linden A. Morphologic and functional changes in the unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine lesion rat model for Parkinson's disease discerned with μSPECT and quantitative MRI. MAGMA 2010, 23: 65-75.
- Vreys R, Soenen SJH, De Cuyper M, Van der Linden A. Background migration of USPIO/MLs is a major drawback for in situ labeling of endogenous neural progenitor cells. Contrast Media and Molecular Imaging, 2011, 6: 1-6.
- Vande Velde G, Rangarajan JR, Toelen J, Dresselaers T, Ibrahimi A, Krylychkina O, Vreys R, Van der Linden A, Maes F, Debyser Z, Himmelreich U, Baeckelandt V. The specificity and sensitivity of ferritin as a MRI reporter gene in mouse brain using lentiviral and adenoassociated viral vectors. Gene Therapy, 2011, 18(6): 594-605.
- Couillard-Despres S, Vreys R, Aigner L, Van der Linden A. In vivo monitoring of adult neurogenesis in health and disease. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 2011, 5:67.